March 4, 2009

A Dapple a Day

Did I ever mention I have a sister?

Well, I do. And she is fabulous, absolutely fabulous. There are not enough adjectives in the dictionary to praise my wonderful sister.


Because she did me the service of praising me on her blog A Dapple A Day (check it out sometime), I naturally have to do the same. Which I think the best way to get to know my sister is to compare her to me.


So in perfect YoAdriane style, here are the (ahemm) not 10, BUT top 20 Things that make my sister and I different:


#20 You, sister, got all the booby; I got all the booty.

#19 If you are Jane Bennet, I am Lizzy Bennet.

Sweet, perfect, and angelic

Judgmental and fierce




#18 Our brothers call you to chat; they call me to ask for your phone number.


#17 You do a killer Tina Turner "Proud Mary"; I do a killer Beyonce "Crazy in Love."

Beyonce (Adri) + Tina (Bucksta) = Show-stopping good




#16 Your adolescent woes were about braces; mine were about bad skin.


#15 Your strength is hula; mine is tahitian.


#14 Your favorite colors are red and green; my favorite colors are green and red.

The perfect color palette, eh?

#13 Your anglo-phile addictions are cool because you actually went to England; mine are lame because I didn't.


#12 To get little kids to behave, you speak kind words and use bribery; I make threats and use "da look."

Miss Honey:
Saving the delicate feelings of little children, one smile at a time.

Yes, I admit to being the Trunchbull...on occassion.


#11 Your retro house has a foundation; mine has skirting.


#10 You swim like a F.O.B. (a graceful one); I run like one.


You: Ester Williams

Me: Serena Williams



#9 You got married in the city that was convenient for the family; I got married in the city that was convenient for my ego.

#8 Your humor is is sarcastic and funny; mine is sarcastic and misunderstood.

#7 Minimalist is your word for make-up; minimalist is my word for decorating.

"The Many Faces of the Bucksta"

"The Life of the Rich and Minimalist"



#6 You set trends; I criticize trends (and then secretly try to do them).


#5 You grew up and liked the color pink; I grew up and pretended I am still "too cool" for pink.



#4 Your period of rebellious fashion conisted of men's trousers, suspenders, and an oversized button-up white shirt; mine conisisted of a scandously short mini-dress with Bata boots.

Bucky's version of the masculine/feminine look

My Version

+




#3 You were once told you looked like Cathy Bates; I was once told I looked like Carrot Top.


Which is worse?

No brainer.



#2 You were outwardly insecure but inwardly confident; I was outwardly confident but inwardly insecure.


#1 You are the original wit of the family; I am only a sad imitation.

The Real Deal

The pathetic, cheap imitation







Here's to the best big sister in the world!



--A

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I love both of you SO MUCH!

So if you two ever live next door to each other, save the house across the street for me!

Reisner's said...

I love that post. Who the heck said you look like carret head?

katherine said...

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! I am laughing my (non) Booty off right now!!!! Did you know we watched Matilda and when the Trunchbowl was running around trying to KILL Matilda Sophie laughs, "Hey it's Mom"--I wish they had said that about Miss Honey--You are too kind. I love ya! Mom mentioned you might be heading my way come May (oh please, oh please, oh pllllleeeaase let that be true!). You are the best little sis in the whole wide world. And YOU DO NOT LOOK Like ugly carrot top. You look like Natascha McElhone (look it up). LUV YA!