
Current Situation: Since my home internet will not be live until next week, I am currently at the CV public library trying to think of a quick and dirty blog update. My time limit is, at the moment, glaring me in the eye at "27 minutes remaining" so here it is:
Moving was a long and painful process. But here we are in CV trying to make sense out of life in a new place, with new people, and new challenges. We are doing well though. J is working hard at the new job. I working hard at refining my domestic skills. The cats are working hard at eating and sleeping in new surroundings...they are getting very fat.
Church has been better than we expected. We have received an outpouring of welcome from everyone. I have even scored another 50lbs. of wheat from the Bishop's wife...I think at this point, with my new domestic ambition, I need to say "whoo-hoo!" at that.
J and I took a few little road trips on his days off this week. Went hiking and fishing at Oak Creek and I saw Sedona for the first time (I call it "Sedoner," affectionately of course, in honor of its affected, high nosed, tourist laden atmosphere). We went shopping for a watch strap in Prescott, but really it was only an excuse to by-pass shopping at the local Wal-Mart. Prescott was cool (note: b/c this is a quick and dirty update I will use words like "cool" and "awesome" to save precious mental time...oh yeah and "b/c" too.) I love the old buildings there, they were awesome. There was some pretty good Mexican food too. The whole central-AZ world is still so foreign to me. It will take some time for me to get used to seeing immense vertical relief, hippies, bikers, snowbirds, and extreme examples of both poor and rich living. So far though, I am liking it.
---A
5 comments:
Well you know I read it. . . so that alone is enough to keep going :)
You need to go see my family now, since I can't. I love the area you are in. Once it's summer, we have a fun place (less known part) of slide rock we like to go to. Have we taken you? Seems like it's a possibility. . .
Yeah for domesticationizataion! Keep me updated on the wheat!
Thanks for the compliment Adrian! That made my day :) Where are you guys at? I am confused. I love your blog btw. I miss you guys!
I read it too.
I read it...and I rarely post comments...but I will today. Sorry I missed you on your last Sunday..and I hope you guys are loving Camp Verde!
I think there is more than you think that read it. So at the first of your blog I thought you were going to announce you were pregnant. I dont know why I got that. Well I'm so glad you guys are moved in and more expecially got a lot of wheat.
Post a Comment