August 2, 2008

Just Slap Me Now...

Yikes! Has it really been almost 3 months since my last blog?! This summer has been CRAZY!! I can't believe it is almost over. Too much to get caught up on though, so I thought I would just take this time to add a few of my favorite pics and thoughts from the highlight of my summer....

HAWAII

Yeah baby, I finally made it to the island. I can't believe it has taken me 23 years to visit Hawaii. (Thanks mom for helping me go...best trip of my life). Sure Hawaii is probably the most tourist infested place you could go on the planet (I say that affectionately since I was a dumb tourist too on this trip), but it is SOOO worth it. So beautiful. So relaxing. So I wish it was my home! I know this sounds ultra cheesy, but I really felt as if a part of my spirit is in Hawaii. I guess ALL Polynesians (no matter how hard it is for you to get a tan) has to release their inner island spirit every once in a while and spend time in the Pacific...aaahhhh!




Everyone at the Temple in Laie--Don't we look so happy?! Ha!

Sophie at the beach at sunrise

Mom and me at her old alma mater--GO KAHUKU!





The pali (mountains)

Sophie and Denny building the "Great Wall of Hawaii"

Okay, so my computer is acting up or something because it is taking 5+ minutes to upload pitures. So, more pictures and top 10 list tomorra. Until then...MAHALO!

1 comment:

Michael said...

Glad you made it to Hawaii!