December 14, 2009

Crack me up....

It's no secret I have a little obsession for the show SYTYCD. My favorite dancer for season 6? Hah, that's no secret either. Howabout E to the double LL to the E to the N-O to the R to the E-O. Put it all togethers and what have you got?? Ellenore-Oh!!!


Ellenore is FANTASTICO!! The perfect combination of technique, personality, stage presence, and wit.

Do you know who Ellenore reminds me of? Take a guess. Who, in my range of acquaintances, is beautifully tan with the most perfect complexion; has long skinny, dancer legs; and is quirky to the bone? Guessed yet? Well, it should be a no brainer....Bucky!!!!

That's right we finally found the Bucksta's long lost twin. And she's a locker-ina...which is like old school pop-and-lock hip hop + classical ballet..

(Copyright of "A Dapple A Day" @ mcsmash.blogspot.com)

Yep. She's Bucky's twin all right.

Although I LOVE all of her routines, my favorite one is probably the contemporary piece she did in the top 14. You know the one with the yellow dress? Yeah, that one. Incredible! Oh, Ellenore, if only I could do your signature move** where your leg is unnaturally yet perfectly extended into the heavens....I would never ask for another thing in the world, never.

Being the pathetic SYTYCD junkie I am, I've watched this routine more times than I'd like to admit....14? 22? 1,325? I forget the exact number but it's up there. So many times, in fact, that I stumbled across this little YOUTUBE gem in the process. Watch it, it's two minutes of hillariousity....Ellenore miming lines from Harry Potter. Make sure you watch the last 2.5 seconds of Harry Potter infused with ghetto attitude...did you just see Bucky? Yeah, me too...totally. I hope the Bucksta checks it out too. I think she will crack up.

--A

**I am dying to remember the balletic name of this move. I knew it at one time. I just covetously mentioned it to Justin last week. If you happen to know, or can perform a Google search more effectively than yours truly, please enlighten me. I will be forever grateful.

2 comments:

Nancy Page said...

Yo Adrian! I miss you too. You crack ME up ahen i read your blog. I am usually an avid SYTYCD watcher, but htis year has slipped by me although I did see the season finale and loved watching the dance replays that I missed this year.
We could totally have a dance party and get our groove on with some amazing moves, if only I didn't have this enormous belly and a red face every time I bend over. Tell Just in hi for us!
Have a very Merry Christmas!!!!

katherine said...

Hahahaha, I checked out everything! It's good to know we're not the only "Harry Potter Junkies" in our age group. Wait, can I be considered to be in your age group? Probably not, oh well. Hillarity. Also said "move"--are you referring to leg touching your ears move? Cause that's what I've called it since I became an Ames school of Ballet All Star. Guess I never made to that point of flexibility. Oh well. Love your favorite dance btw. I somehow missed this season--think it's because it was on at same time as Biggest Loser and well at this time in my life Biggest Loser is kind of therapy for me (gutcha BE GONE! ha!). Loves ya sis! Hope to see you so we can dance togefa! XOXO